Missing "How will this person sign in?"

Normally when you create a user account in Windows 10, the first thing asked is How will this person sign in?" This identifies whether  the account is a local account or a Microsoft account. Today as I was developing some course material for user accounts in Windows 10, this screen was missing from my laptop. Instead, it went directly in to asking for account information for a local user account.

After much searching around, I finally figured out that my laptop had no network connectivity. I had just installed a Windows Insider build and the new build killed WiFi on my laptop. Once the WiFi connectivity was restored the new account wizard behaved as expected.

I expect you would see the same behaviour in Windows 8.1 when disconnected from the network.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remove OEMDRV Drive from Dell Server

Expired Microsoft Exchange Server Auth Certificate

Stop SBS from Shutting Down